Joyce Terrell (1953-2012) lived a life that exemplified joyful giving, compassion and sensitivity to the needs of others. She delighted in blessing her children, grandchildren, family members, friends and anyone in need. Her joyful, giving spirit extended to all relationships developed in her lifetime. Joyce was a woman of exceptional strength, perseverance and integrity with a pleasant, up-beat personality. Her beautiful spirit and love for life was endearing to all who had the pleasure of knowing her.
Therefore, this scholarship on behalf of her children, Katina Dent Douglas and Travis Dent, alums of Central State University, embodies her love for giving and contributing to the success of others. May her legacy of joyful giving, integrity, strength and perseverance continue in the life of a deserving residing student, from the Northeast Ohio area, pursuing an education at Central State University, an HBCU and distinguished institution of higher learning.
The 2021 Joyce Robertson Terrell Memorial Scholarship Guidelines
- $1,000.00 awarded annually, with $500 available for 2 recipients. Must be a rising junior or senior at Central State University with a declared major in either Engineering or Education.
- If only one eligible applicant, that applicant will receive the total $1000 award.
- Monday, April 5, 2021 @ 4:00 PM EST
- Friday, May 21, 2021 @ 11:59 PM EST
- No GPA required. However, must be in good academic standing with the university.
- Engineering or Education
- Central State University (Wilberforce, Ohio)
- Cleveland Council of Black Colleges Alumni Association Board of Directors, Scholarship Committee members and their families shall not be eligible during the term of office.
- Fall 2021 Term/1st Semester
- Check will be disbursed upon verification of enrollment, proof of declared major and good academic standing for the commencing academic term.
To be eligible for this one-time award, a student must complete the application and submit (electronically in PDF form) verification of the following:
For More Information:
Tosha Hudson, Chair
Mail Official Transcript To:
Cleveland Council of Black Colleges Alumni Association
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 201552
Shaker Heights, OH 44120